Saturday, 14 October 2017

"your behaviour is deemed unacceptable" DClinPsy Programme Director @UofGMHW

Here is a letter I received by Email on Wednesday 11 October 2017 from Dr Hamish McLeod, Programme Director, DClinPsy, University of Glasgow.  At first I decided not to read it because I thought it would be undermining, based on past experiences of engaging with Dr McLeod since January, over the phone and by Email.  Then yesterday I changed my mind and looked at the letter.  It was even worse than I imagined:





I have made a response to this letter by Email, yesterday, and will be making a formal complaint about Dr McLeod.  I think this letter demonstrates that he is not fit to be the DClinPsy Programme Director.  Attacking an unwaged Carer and psychiatric survivor for no good reason is unacceptable.  I was not interviewed about these allegations.  

Dr McLeod has never sat down and spoken to me in person in the 6 years that I have "known" him, either in the MH Wellbeing unit or for a cuppa.  I don't know him personally, know nothing about him because he's never spoken to me personally.  Whereas I know Professor Andrew Gumley personally because he has shared personal experiences with me, mostly by Email and a few times in person.

Because of this personal attack by Dr McLeod I will have to raise a complaint with the University of Glasgow, and with NHS Education for Scotland, highlighting why I think he is unfit for the post of Programme Director.  I will also be raising concerns about the Programme's teaching and practice supervision, based on the 4 July meeting and the behaviour of a trainee.

Clinical Psychology Doctorate trainees deserve the best of teaching and training, to prepare them for the task of supporting people/patients in mental distress.  Above all, in my experience, they have to be good listeners, non-judgemental, fair, transparent, clear thinking, seeing the person as they are, not based on the opinions of others or what's written in the Notes or in tweets or blog posts or any other social media. 

---------------------------

Surviving Psychosis/Psychiatry teaching 8May17 Mental Health & Wellbeing Unit Glasgow



---------------------------

Prof Gumley's reference for my PhD 5Dec16: "I believe that Chrys has what it takes"





No comments:

Post a Comment