|at Springfield Station bus stop|
- finding a material shop by accident when looking for dancing shoes; a one woman business with a wide choice of fabrics in a small space; various textures, pattern books; started after being made redundant; came away with a length of herringbone
- hearing how a woman's partner had taken his own life last year due to bankruptcy, the shock; another relative had mental health issues affecting their life but made a recovery; my mention of being an activist and campaigner stimulating the conversation
- speaking about wild water swimming and skills training at the Commonwealth Pool, Edinburgh, the response from a younger woman as to how she swam the River Tay one year; thinking of the possibilities
- sitting with a mother and carer on the bus home, we've known each other 12 years, our sons ex-patients of Stratheden; her son much older, on the bus; us women having a laugh while also remembering hard times, the pain of caring; holding the hope
- blethering with people in queues about austerity, difficult cultures, what causes dementia, gangsters carrying shotguns (not me), buses running late due to flooding, the mark up cost of products on sale, the problems with flu injections etc ...
new umbrella with press button