Saturday, 19 December 2015

Response @RCampbellMSP 11Dec15: Fife Sport & Leisure Trust; Springfield bus stops; library closures

Here is the content of an Email received by my MSP Roderick Campbell on 11 December, in response to a range of issues I had highlighted in a letter Email to Mr Campbell on 23 November, copied in to Cllr Karen Marjoram:

"Dear Chrys,

Thank-you for your email, in which you have highlighted a number of concerns, which I have carefully noted.  My office has been extremely busy since the delivery of my annual report, and I apologise for my delay in responding to you.

Firstly, I am sorry to hear about the problems that you have had in reporting a faulty fan in your bathroom, to Fife Council.  I have written to the Council on the matter.  I have also written to the Council regarding signage in Fife, as well as about the condition of bus stops, and bus timetables, in Springfield.  For good order, I am raising the issue with Karen Marjoram, however. 

Furthermore, I have noted your comments about Fife Sports and Leisure Trust.  I have highlighted your concerns to the Trust, and have welcomed their comments.

Finally, with regard to libraries, I do share your concerns.   You will have noted that, earlier this week, Fife Council has taken what I consider to be the wrong decision, which is to close 16 libraries in Fife.

I hope that I have addressed, at least, some of your concerns.  I will provide you with an update, once I have received responses from the Council, and from Fife Sports and Leisure Trust.

Kind regards,

Roderick Campbell MSP"

--------------------------
Leith Victoria plaque

I replied to this Email, updating Mr Campbell with feedback on the Fife Sport & Leisure Trust and my experiences of swimming in different pools in Fife and elsewhere, including the London Olympic pool in Stratford, the Glasgow Tollcross Commonwealth Pool, the Leith Victoria in Edinburgh and the Perth leisure pool, all very positive.  

However after another negative experience in a Fife pool I made the decision to take out membership of the Dundee Olympia.   [Only £14/mth for over 60's, Mon-Frid daytime, gym and swim with some classes included]  It means I can just enjoy a swim without the hassle of unhappy staff or pools taken over by clubs.  Even if I have to travel on 2 buses to do so.

Since then our bathroom extractor fan has been replaced by a Fife Council electrician.  There may be a reprieve for the libraries: Courier article 17Dec15 'Fife library campaigners given glimmer of hope'.

I have more recently sent another Email to Mr Campbell on behalf of a mother and unwaged carer, an older pensioner than me, who would appreciate a meeting with him to discuss her concerns about a family member with mental health issues who she supports.  I have offered to advocate at the meeting and am still waiting for a response to this request, which I will then pass on to the carer.


No comments:

Post a Comment