Saturday, 28 March 2015

prescribing of psychiatric drug cocktails in Dundee and NMD - two wrongs don't make a right

This is a brief post to highlight the prescribing of psychiatric drug cocktails in Dundee which I first talked about in January 2013 when I had a son who was an inpatient in Carseview Centre.  

I am very concerned at the polypharmacy of psychiatry in Dundee and wonder where it comes from.  I remember the lead clinician at Carseview telling me it was "historical".  As in, they have always done it like that.  

The other thing that concerns me are the rooms set aside in Ward One of Carseview for NMD patients at Ninewells Hospital, linked to the Dundee Advanced Interventions Service.  Not just one room.  That bothers me.

Unmet needs.  This phrase was used in a report from DAIS which I highlighted in a blog post, 27 February 2013 'engaging with the Dundee Advanced Interventions Service'.

I don't want the overprescribing of psychiatric drugs to be reason for the increased experimental brain surgery for mental illness or irreversible NMD that is going on at Ninewells Hospital, Dundee.  Two wrongs don't make a right.






No comments:

Post a Comment