Saturday, 14 March 2015

I'm not a person who "insinuates". If I have something to say then I say it.

"insinuation: to suggest, without being direct, that something unpleasant is true" Cambridge Dictionary

Yesterday I was accused by an MSP, who is also a psychiatrist, of making an "insinuation" about him.  Twice he used the word in an Email to me.  I found this accusation to be unfair and untrue.  A right wind up.

I want to be clear about this matter.  I am not a person who insinuates.  If I have something to say then I say it.  I am very direct.  I won't beat about the bush, particularly if it's a matter of doctors getting money from drug companies.  

If an MSP who is also a psychiatrist makes a declaration on his parliamentary Register of Interests then I assume that is a true statement.  The fact that he has received payments from pharma in the past does not mean that he is still in receipt of them. 




No comments:

Post a Comment