Thursday, 5 February 2015

"Please remove my name from the Health and Social Care Alliance membership database"

Here is an Email just sent to Irene Oldfather, Director, Health and Social Care Alliance.  It was in response to Ms Oldfather's Email saying in effect that I could not attend the forthcoming Scottish Medicines Consortium Conference in my role as an Alliance member:

"Dear Irene

Thanks for your Email.

You are correct in saying that this is "not the ideal outcome" for me.  In fact I find it very disappointing that the Alliance is not supporting the work I do as an unpaid carer and mother.  Activist and campaigner.  Speaking out about psychiatric abuse.  Supporting my disabled sons.  Taking a stand for justice.

Please remove my name from the Alliance membership database.  I can see no advantages in belonging to a group that cannot and will not stand with me.  I do not agree with your statement that the Alliance are "trusted neutrals".  

Yours sincerely,

Chrys Muirhead (Mrs)"




[an afterthought: My advice.  Don't be letting the fame go to your head.  Regarding being on STV and going to awards ceremonies.  The real work is going on at the grassroots.  As ever.]


No comments:

Post a Comment