Friday, 13 February 2015

once I was blocked, now I can see: @opachis (Healthcare Improvement Scotland)

On 8 February 2015 I had been checking out the OPAC (improving care for older people) twitter page "Official page for improving care for older people in acute care workstream" led by Healthcare Improvement Scotland, and noticed that I - @ChrysMuirhead - was blocked from seeing their tweets:



So I Emailed the National Clinical Lead Karen Goudie at Healthcare Improvement Scotland, copied in to various HIS senior managers plus my MSP Roderick Campbell, to find out why I was getting "special treatment".

[The reason I sent this Email to Ms Goudie is because I had seen the @opachis twitter handle on her work Email signature and thought she may be lead worker on this project]
 
"Dear Ms Goudie

I am writing to you about the @opachis twitter account as it seems I am blocked from seeing the tweets via my @ChrysMuirhead account.  See screenshot attached.

I can view it as a member of the public and note that it says:

"Official page for improving care for older people in acute care workstream, led by Healthcare Improvement Scotland."


I am wondering why I would be blocked from seeing tweets on an "official" NHS Scotland account.  Is there a reason for this?  

I look forward to hearing from you.

[I am copying in Christine Hill, Robbie Pearson, Denise Coia, Brian Robson and Angiolina Foster, for their information.  Also my MSP Roderick Campbell.]

Yours sincerely,

Chrys Muirhead (Mrs)"



I received a response on 9 February 2015 from Penny Bond, Implementation and Improvement Support Team Leader, via Jane Millar, Project Officer, HIS, to say that my twitter account had now been "unblocked":



I responded to this Email from Jane Millar/Penny Bond on 10 February, asking who had blocked my account and the reason why:



I received a response from Penny Bond on 11 February by iPhone, which said "At the moment we don't know how this happened, as there are a number of staff who have access to the account some of whom are on leave at the moment."



It's now 13 February 2015 and I still don't know why I (@ChrysMuirhead) was blocked from the OPAC "official" twitter account.  


No comments:

Post a Comment