Wednesday, 4 February 2015

Letter to the First Minister - updated with acknowledgement from Ministerial Correspondence Unit

[Updated with  acknowledgement from the Scottish Government's Ministerial Correspondence Unit]

Sent in an Email at 08.23 this morning, copied in to various others.  Strapline: 'questions for the First Minister of Scotland - freedom, independent voices, Empire medals, exclusion, HIS, uncivil servants, money and position':

"Dear Nicola

I am asking you these questions as First Minister of Scotland. 

I am addressing you by your first name because I have met you twice before: in Kirkcaldy, August 2011, at the Summer Cabinet meeting in the Adam Smith Theatre, where I spoke to you, in your role as Cabinet Secretary for Health about the lack of independent advocacy for mental health in Fife; and October 2013 in my home town of Perth, at the 4 day SNP Conference where I took part in the Women's Academy event and spoke to you on the stage when we were practising speaking out in the auditorium.  At the time I ran a blog and twitter account, Indy Women NE Fife, promoting independence.


Is Scotland a free country?  Are independent voices welcome in my homeland?  Do I have to strive for an Empire medal so as to be heard?  Does the fact I live in a council house and get a Carers Allowance of £61/week mean I am of less value?


Why do I keep getting excluded from Healthcare Improvement Scotland events and badmouthed by civil servants for speaking out with a critical voice about cronyism, bullying and psychiatric abuse, from the carer and psychiatric survivor perspective?

Do mothers and grandmothers in Scotland matter?  Would I be listened to more if I had a position in an organisation, a title and a big wage?

I believe that my voice is of equal value, that my home country of Scotland is a place for free speech and that I shouldn't have to aim for letters after my name and loads of money so as to be heard or appreciated.

Yours sincerely,

Chrys Muirhead (Mrs)"

-------------------------------------

Reply letter received by Email at 13.39:



No comments:

Post a Comment