Friday, 27 June 2014

EUPATI Patient Expert Training Course - unfortunately I've not made the grade

I heard on Tuesday from the European Patients' Academy on Therapeutic Innovation (EUPATI)  "team" that I was unsuccessful with my application to train with them to be a "Patient Expert".  I actually thought it was to be a Patient Advocate which is why I applied but it seems that the name has changed.

"Although your application and supporting documentation were very strong, we regret to inform you that on this occasion, we are not in the position to offer you a place in the EUPATI Patient Expert Training Course. Given the number of high quality applications received, the Panel had a very difficult task in selecting 55 participants, whilst ensuring that an appropriate balance in terms of geography, gender and disease area was met."

I did wonder if I would be a suitable applicant and said this at time, because of my mental health writing, activism and campaigning.  I thought it might be too risky to have me on board.  

They mention a second wave of registrations next year.  I may have another go at that point.


No comments:

Post a Comment