Monday, 5 May 2014

some photos from London Open Dialogue seminar weekend at Round Chapel, Hackney

I'm recovering from the Open Dialogue seminar weekend in the Round Chapel, Hackney, having got back home last night after 10pm via train, bus, Gatwick express and plane.  It was the 2nd of 3 weekend seminar sessions but I won't be going back for the third one.  Here are some photos of my travels.  As ever the best thing about the whole experience was sharing with psychiatric survivor activists and like minds.


Photo of Round Chapel: I enjoyed the venue and surrounding Hackney area, catching the train from the Downs station into the city for sightseeing.


Photo of chapel from side: The caretaker of the building, a man from Ireland, came up and spoke to me, said he found working in the chapel to be special and sang an Andy Stewart (Scottish singer and entertainer) song to me in the kitchen.  I didn't recognise the song.
.






































Photo taken by Sara (thanks), fellow seminar participant, of me asking something on the Saturday, can't remember what I said.  



 
Photo of St Paul's: Sightseeing on Saturday evening around 7pm at the Cathedral, bells pealing, after special service to celebrate 20 years of women in the ministry of the Church of England.


































Photo of: View from back window of cafe on Trafalgar Square at 8.30am on the Sunday.  I'd got breakfast early in the hotel and bussed down to the city centre for some sightseeing before start of Day 2 OD session.


No comments:

Post a Comment