Tuesday, 18 February 2014

the force of psychiatry has the desired outcome - for the powers that be

I was asked to give a talk and did so, toning it down, writing it first and getting it checked by the powers that be.  And so I delivered the talk as written but not everyone was happy.  I found this out later on when a takeover occurred, unexpectedly.

I should have seen it coming.  Silly me.  It might have been better if I'd lain down and let them walk all over me.  Took it on the chin.  Admitted I had failed.  Resisted the temptation to resist.  Let the psychiatrist have his way.  Then I might have avoided the attacks.  On the day and after.

But I don't regret it and would do it again.  Maybe in a different way but I'd still resist a takeover and the badmouthing.  Sticks and stones etc ...

When it came to writing a reflective report of my participation I decided to do it as professionally as possible, not being personal and not laying blame.  Only to find out that the other professionals had pointed the finger, named and shamed.

So I got my own back by writing something of my feelings in another report, taking some responsibility, but this again resulted in a face off and more badmouthing.  By the psychiatrist.  Who was put out because I had the temerity to speak out.  Then when I took a stand another person got the flack.

The end result has been to retreat, licking my wounds.  Let them have their way and good luck to them.  I don't want to be part of a group which is another arm of the government, and where targeting becomes the norm. 




No comments:

Post a Comment