Thursday, 20 February 2014

no survivors allowed

The penny's dropped.  In Scotland survivors of mental illness and psychiatric treatment are not allowed at the table or in the meetings.  Psychiatry rules.  You have to do it their way.  Be a service user or someone who used to use services.  I get it.  But I'm not doing it.  So there.

I survived the mental illness label and the disabling psychiatric treatment.  If I'd listened to psychiatry I would either by getting ECT or brain surgery by now, or be dead by my own hand.  I couldn't have taken psychiatric drugs and survived.  That's the truth of it.

So I will continue to be a psychiatric survivor activist and a human rights campaigner.  And I won't be continuing with trying to have a seat at their table.  What's the point.  They would only bully and batter me until I gave in or gave way.  Which I won't be doing. 

The drugs don't work for me.  I don't like being forced, bullied or intimidated.  I will not accept domination.  I am a free agent.  


No comments:

Post a Comment